Monday, May 9, 2011

Great family - great mother's day :)

We were able to go on Saturday and get new family pictures taken.  I am SOOO excited to see how they turned out.  I love capturing the kids in the moment - then I can look back and remember how they were, what they were like, the things they would say, the silly way they would smile....and how young I looked back when.  We had my amazingly talented cousin take them, and they should be done in a little over a week.  I'll post them as soon as I can :)
Later that night after doing some much needed yard work, Trent took me out to pick out a mothers day present.  I found a spice rack (you don't want to see the disarray of my spice cupboard...they all fall out when you open the door).  I was really happy with it - especially since we got $24 off the price.
On Sunday morning we were able to sleep in (and ohhh it felt great!)  Then Trent made me breakfast, then had the kids surprise me with yet more presents.  They had gone out and bought me some brand new stoneware plates.  I now (finally) have a table setting for 8 that all MATCHES!  They also bought new glasses to match the place wear set.  It is beautiful - they are dark brown with cream flowers going up one side...and they are the square style.  I just love them - I'll have to put a picture of them on here - I'm washing them right now.  The kids picked out a cute card that was all about shoes...and Trent gave me a wonderfully sweet card with some chocolate (dark with caramel...yumm!)
At church we had some fantastic talks, and Madds and Jax sang to me.  We didn't have to get those flowers that die off every year - instead we got chocolate :)
After church Trent made me dinner while I chatted on the phone with my little brother and my mom.  Overall it was a fantastic weekend.  I really do have the best family - they are wonderful to me.  I don't like mothers day really....well except the day free from cleaning and cooking.  I love being a mom - and I wouldn't trade even the worst days I have for any one of my precious little kidlets.  I love them all!!
Signature #2

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com