Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekly re-charge...

Sundays are so good for me!  The Lord knew that in the hectic world we live in that we would need a day to just relax, feel the spirit and recharge our spiritual batteries!  I was blessed this week to be able to teach the lesson in relief society.  It was on prayer - I REALLY need to do a better job!  There was a quote I found about how if we would just realize who we are and what our relationship to our Father really is we would always pray.  It would be second nature.  It is that we have forgotten that relationship - our total dependance on the Lord for our very breath we take - and that is why we forget Him.  I have to humble myself and remember my total dependance upon Him for everything.  Prayer is one of the greatest blessings we have recieved - in that the King of all, the Most High, Ruler of the universe allows us - imperfect as we are - to come to Him and talk to Him in a personal relationship that we can have with just Him.  There is no one else there to judge you for what you talk to Him about.  He knows you and loves you more than anyone else CAN.  He wants you hear you, talk to you, answer you.  Why is it that I think too often that I can make it through this life alone?  Why is it I forget Him so easily?  One sister related prayer to the relationship you have with your best friend.  If you never talk to - or if you never LISTEN to your friend, you won't be friends for long.  You'll grow apart, you won't know eachother anymore.  How can I expect to have a close relationship with my Father if I never take the time to talk to Him - and worse to never take the time to really LISTEN to Him?  If only I could take my thoughts higher and deeper into the meaning of things - to take the time to ponder and meditate as I should over the scriptures and spiritual matters.  I would then be able to communicate more easily.  I have people in my life whom I look up to as spiritual leaders - those who seem to know so very much, those who are close to the spirit - so much so that you can feel it when they are near.  I know without a doubt that those people spend A LOT of time in prayer and meditation, fasting, and listening to their Father.  I hope that I too can become worthy of a much closer relationship with my Father.  That is what this life is about!  To come to know our Father and his Son, Jesus Christ - the Savior and Redeemer of my soul.     Sorry for the random thoughts - just what I am feeling today.  I'd better get to my laundry.  I forgot a load was in the washer since Friday - pretty stinky!  Oh, I also edited a few pictures late last night so I'll include those here - some of my greatest blessings!!!


Signature #2

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com