Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Doctors, shots, and crying - Oh my!!


Why is it that when you take you little baby in to get shots they make YOU hold them down??  I always feel so guilty when they look up at me with tears in their eyes with disbelief that their own mommy is holding them down and they are in pain.  I was a medical assistant in another lifetime and it was the hardest thing ever to give those little kids their shots - they KNOW what you are doing and they hate you for it.  But I never had the mom hold them down - I felt like it was okay if the kids hated me and then had their mommy to save them and give them the loving attention they needed once it was done.
My Donsters has been scowling at me since then - like he knows that I'm the one that took him to be tourtured.  He hates to have strangers anywhere close to him - let alone touching him.  I think he was relieved once the doctor left the room - then the nurse came in and he had to have 3 shots.  You'd think that after having 3 other kids go through this I'd be a veteran at it - but it makes me sad every time.  I also have to make him start drinking the Carnation drinks to try and beef him up.  His weight as leveled off - I'm more worried about it then the doc is.  He is trying to tell me that it's just genetics and that he just takes after me.  All of the other kids were huge babies and eventually lost their baby fat as they got older.  Donsters doesn't have any baby fat to loose, so now that he is walking he just isn't gaining anything - I can still fit him into his 9-12 month onsies and he is 16 months old!!  My other boys were well into the 2T size range by now!!  I know - each kid is unique and I love my squishie just the way he is....just perhaps if there were a little more sqish in there I'd feel a little better!!
Maddie was so cute in there.  The doc had to clean out Donsters ears (he has the waxiest ears ever - so gross!!)  And Donsters was throwing a fit because the doc was touching him.  Maddie was on the verge of tears so I spent more time helping her feel better about it then I did my little guy!!  She really does love her little bro!!  She hates to see him hurt (unless she's the one who did it!)


Signature #2

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com