Wow. After just a week I am just amazed at how much people are willing to help out - it's good for me to see the kindness of others. My counselors are FANTASTIC women!! I know why the Lord wanted them to help me...one is SO organized it makes my head spin!! And the other is quiet and very spiritual. They are just what I need to help me with the ladies in the ward. On Sunday I spoke in church...on service even - and then had to conduct for the 1st time. I'm so used to being silly for the cubs that it felt funny to give announcements with a serious face!! It also felt REALLy strange to have the old RS pres sitting with the sisters and to have me up front facing them. What a different perspective that gives! I was able to watch their faces and while the lesson was being taught. Some where there, attentive, and participating...some where there, but to chat and be with their friends, and some where somewhere else totally - I now understand why the Lord has us sit up there. It's not so that I can feel funny with everyone else starting at me...it's so I can stare at them and be led by the spirit on who needs me in some way.
I also went on my 1st couple of visits this morning and have several more tonight. It is really exciting to get into the homes of these sweet sisters to feel of their spirit, to get to know them better, to see if there is anything at all that I can do to help them. I wish that I was better able to let them all know that I REALLY do want to help. There are some who will say that just because it is courteous to do so. I am not that way. I say it because I really do mean it. I pray that the spirit will help them feel my love for them quickly so that they will feel comfortable with me enough to trust me and let me help when they need it.

No comments:
Post a Comment