Thursday, April 22, 2010

My scripture hero!

I am so blessed to be able to be the mommy of such wonderful kids.  I had a late night with my little ones - they were awake between 1:30 and 3am, so instead of getting up with my 2 oldest Trent woke them up and got them going before heading off to work.  I finally got out of bed about a 1/2 hour before they had to head out just to make sure they were getting ready.  I came out to find Piercen reading his scriptures.  I just love that kid.  He has been asking us to do more scripture reading - and we really should be.  We have had a really busy schedule lately with Trent's new promotion at work, football practice, the boy's scouting and my scouting calling, cleaning, chores, homework, my couponing, our running, and Trent's new calling in the Young Men's presidency.  But, I have been using those as an excuse saying that we have just been too busy to get to our reading at night like we should.  It's just like Pierce to show me what I should be doing.  I can sleep when I'm dead - my kids need me NOW.  He is going to Jr. High next year and really needs me now - he needs to have a rock solid testimony before he is exposed to everything that hits with his 7th grade year.  No more excuses for me!  I've got to spend my time more wisely instead of making excuses for being too busy to do the things that matter the very most!  Thank you Pierce for being such a great example to me and to the rest of the family.  You really are a fantastic kid!  ( - he could be one of the strippling warriors - except he could say that he taught his mother because HE doubted not!)
Signature #2

2 comments:

  1. WOW, LeAdelle! Look at all these posts! You are a great blogger :) I just wanted to tell you, how much I love Piercen. He really IS a stripling warrior. He was the best in his church class (together with Issac M) and always had the highest religious standards. I would never expect anything less from him! And he will help your other children to be at least just as strong! He is an amazing example to so many... I am so impressed by him and so proud! You and Trent are such great parents! (and so lucky, too!) Keep doing what you are doing to raise such beautiful faithful and strong children. You are right, everything else can wait.

    (I caught Dima reading his scriptures several times, too. He reads before bed, even after we had our "family-scripture-study" done. So, I understand the feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think that it has much to do with my parenting skills as much as it has to do with him just being an amazing kid. I just love him to bits! I really look up to Dima - he is just one of those outstanding kids! But I KNOW that he has just fantastic parents too!!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com