I was able to get up early and go on a great run today. (Thanks to my wonderful hubby - I'm not a morning person but I told him last night that I'd like to get up and run. So inspite of my ornery face he got me out of bed.) The morning was just beautiful - I watched the sun come up over the mountains, it wasn't cold, it wasn't hot, there wasn't a lot of traffic, and there were no loose dogs ;) . It was the 1st sub 40 min. 5 mile run I've had so far this year - YEA! I have a very LONG way to go to get back to the pace I was at pre-Donavan, but it felt great to see the time on my watch today. I just LOVE running - it's so freeing!! I can dispell all of my stress, anger, anxieties, and worries if just for a little while. I was able to run without pushing my little people today - and I got back right when it was time for the big kids to get up for school. I always feel so much better all day long after I've got in a good run. I also rewarded myself with a ding-dong (without feeling guilty!!) Maybe I'll wake up early tomorrow and go out again!!!

Good for you, lady! I love running, too! It is the third thing after the Temple and some serious preschool (or other quality time) with my kids that makes me feel great! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteGood for you. I wish I enjoyed running, oh well I will keep trying.
ReplyDeleteIt is so cool that running makes you feel so good. How great it is that you have something that is so healthy for you and is a release from stress at the same time.
ReplyDelete