Now that I can officially say something my last couple of posts may make more sense. I was called, sustained, and set apart as the Relief Society President in my ward. They asked me on the 2nd and it took until the 16th - so I knew for 2 weeks, which was a long time to be scared and excited all at once. I've had a huge mix of emotions over all of this, and wasn't able to sleep and had a knot in my stomach. Talking to the old RS pres. did calm me a little, but I was able to go to the temple this past Saturday and was overwhelmed with the strength of the spirit that came over me. I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be. The knot that was in my stomach is gone and I have been able to sleep - a little better anyway. The blessing that I received from the Bishop that Sunday after I was set apart was amazing. In it he put to rest much of the concerns I had over my inadequacies and made me feel much better. I'm not saying that I'm not still nervous - I'm just more excited.
This morning I got a call that one of the sister's in my ward had a fire in her dryer. Right after I talked to her I called the Bishop, thinking that I'd be letting him know what was going on....but he had already been over and he and his family were already helping out. They are such FANTASTIC people!!
I had my 1st presidency meeting this morning and I feel that it went really well. I am really looking forward to getting to know my new counselors better - they are both amazing women who are very strong and will do wonders for the sisters in my ward. It felt good to be able to really get going with this calling!
Right now myself and 4 other women are busily doing all the laundry and bedding we could find for this sister. I was able to meet and talk with one of her visiting teachers - amazing lady! Now I've got to go and introduce myself to another sister and see if I can set up a visit with her soon. What an initiation! What a fantastic day!

Not everyone realizes the tremendous responsibility that comes with certain callings. RS Pr. is one of them. Don't get too comfortable, my friend :) this will be your new normal :) but the harder the task - the more protection and support we get from our Father in Heaven. I really am excited for you, LeAdelle! And very confident! (and almost a little jealous of your ladies :) I will keep you and your family in my prayers at least until you get used to your new life. (I mean it).
ReplyDeleteGood luck! And Enjoy! Love you!!
Wow, good luck. You are going to be one busy lady. But if anyone can do a great job, it's you. I know your family will be so blessed.
ReplyDelete