Monday, January 10, 2011

Hmmm.

Why is it that others see you in such a different light that you see yourself??  I know that we all act differently around others than we do at home with our families.  I'm afraid that not too many people would really like me much if I acted like my true self around them like I do my family.  I can be really grouchy sometimes....okay, a lot.  I get myself stressed out and am really a bear to be around. (Poor Trent - I know!!)  But - just like I remember my mom doing - if I'm yelling at the kids or just being a poop - the moment the phone rings I can put on my 'nice mommy' voice and face all of a sudden.  That really tells me that when I'm acting like a poop I really do have more control over it than I like to admit.  If I can turn it off so quickly, then shouldn't I be able to control not turning it on at all???  After all, it's my family that I will be with for eternity .... I should really try harder to make it easier to live with me!  I also need to spend more time with them and less doing silly things - which reminds me, I should REALLY get a load of laundry done and those darn dishes aren't going to clean themselves.  Maddie's hair is a mess and there is popcorn all over the floor.....  Signature #2

4 comments:

  1. Blarg. We all have those days! Don't be so hard on yourself! I'm grouchy when I haven't eaten. :)
    I like your new blog layout, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we all do - it just seems too easy for me to be overly grouchy when I don't really have a reason to be.... I'm glad you like the new layout - I was worried that it might be hard to read. I spent forever trying out different font colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!!! Have you met me??? My husband calls me Jekyll and Hyde! I know that most people do this so I don't feel so bad. you are a great mom and a wonderful person

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, but I have to add this post to the MANY reasons I love and respect you. Thank you for saying that you get grumpy too! You are a kind, amazing, beautiful woman and a WONDERFUL wife and mother. I've decided that as women we have it tough with raging hormones and the HUGE lists of people and things we're responsible for. (sometimes it can feel like the weight of the world on our shoulders and it can be tough to stay cheerful!). I told Shane that if we're lucky, there's one WEEK in the month when my hormones should be normal! I always hope that the love I feel for my family and the times I do my very best to show it make up for my grumy times! You're still an angel and I'm so grateful to know you!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com