Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dentist blues

I took all 4 kids into the dentist yesterday.  It was Donavan's 1st time - and he reacted the way I figured he would, he freaked out when the dentist got close.  He was able to look into Donsters mouth with no problems (because he was screaming). He was good to go - Jax has no problems.  Then there's the other 2....Piercen has one bad enough for a root canal - luckily it's a baby tooth and the other tooth is on the way in so we are just going to get it pulled out.  Maddie however has 4 cavities in her molars!  Her teeth are very close together and are soft just like her daddy's.  So within this next month I'll have to spend almost $1000 on teeth!!  (I'd much rather spend that on grass for the back yard!!)  I still need to get in to get my wisdom teeth out - but with all of the problems my kids and Trent have with their teeth mine will just have to wait longer.  I guess the bright side of it is that Maddie allowed them to get x-rays and they were able to clean her teeth this time without being sedated :)....  Oh well - that's life!
Signature #2

4 comments:

  1. Wow, a thousand dollars?!? For four cavities and a tooth pulled? I spent over $500 on Kelsey's last year and I thought THAT was a lot. I should have gone to dental school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - or maybe we should have had our hubby's become dentists!! It doesn't help that we don't have dental insurance, it was WAY expensive (more than the 1000 I'll be spending) we would have put more than that into the insurance and then still would have to have paid a huge deductible. I really should look into getting our own dental instead of only looking at what Trent's company offers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah... teeth are expensive.. i am amazed that you took all your kids by yourself on the same day! mine are a little too active when they are together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for maddie that she did good for you!! Mayley loves getting her teeth cleaned we actually go this next week!! They put sunglasses on her for fun because the light is kinda bright in their faces! She LOVES that! isn't that funny?! I hope you get grass in your backyard soon! we gotta get together soon! love ya!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com